Michael F. Keller – President and CEO
Hybrid Power Technologies LLC was formed in the summer of 2005 to develop and promote a new family of hybrid power plants that use nuclear and fossil fuel sources. The hybrid-nuclear approach is a major technological breakthrough that offers the real possibility of energy independence and a sustainable energy future.
United States Patent 7, 961, 785 was issued in June of 2011 for this unique and never previously proposed hybrid technology.
Mr. Keller is a 40 year veteran of the power industry with extensive and wide-ranging management, business, operations, design, engineering and technical expertise. This in-depth and world-wide experience has been acquired while working for utilities, plant designers, construction companies and equipment manufacturers. Extensive “hands-on” experience with a wide range of generating stations, including combined-cycle power plants (oil, gas, propane and liquefied natural gas fired), simple-cycle gas turbines, nuclear and coal power plants as well as steam-methane reformer hydrogen plants.
Bachelor of Science - Nuclear Engineering, University of Virginia
Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Master of Business Administration, St. Martin’s College
Senior Reactor Operator Certificate
Professional Engineer - State of Kansas
Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Publications & Presentations:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Energy Sustainability & Fuel Cell Conference held in San Diego, California July 23- 25, 2012. Paper ES Fuel Cell2012 91218.
- Small Modular Reactor Symposium held in Washington D.C. on September 23 – 30, 2011. Paper SMR2011-6520/6554
- Power Conference 2010 held in Chicago, Illinois July 13-15. Paper Power2010-2731.
- International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition held in Vancouver, British Columbia on November 12-18, 2010; Paper IMECE-38319.
- Power Conference 2009 held in Albuquerque, New Mexico on July 12-22, 2009. Paper Power2009-8110
- Energy Tech Magazine, May 2010, “Hybrid-nuclear Energy – An Unexpected Energy Solution”
- Researching the Green Energy, Northern Plains & Rocky Mountain Consortium, April 19 & 20, 2011, Des Moines Iowa.
- COAL-GEN 2010 Conference, Pittsburgh, Pa, August 10 – 12, 2010, Hybrid-nuclear/Coal Gasification
- Power-Gen International 2010, Orlando, Florida: Hybrid-nuclear/Solar
- Nuclear Power International 2010: Orlando, Florida; Hybrid-nuclear Energy
- Electric Power Conference 2009, Baltimore, Maryland; Hybrid Nuclear Energy